Image Map

Monday, June 25, 2012

Swim diapers....do or don't

Ok being a FTM & with it being summer time....I need help with this...

Last year we went to the beach but B was only 6w old so we really didn't take her to the beach or into the water so they were not necessary! This year another story...

I've heard many different opinions on how these 'hold up'. What are your opinions these? Should I only put them on if I know we are going in the water? Do they hold pee enough that I could put them on and leave them for awhile. I just don't want to get 'soaked'!

All opinions welcome....if you love them what brand do you recommend or brand should I stay away from

4 comments:

  1. I usually buy Huggies Little Swimmers. They work well. I would just buy one pack, and keep them in your beach tote. If you decide to go into the water, you can quickly change her into 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a reusable one, because the disposables are hella expensive. I haven't had a mess to clean up yet, mostly because my little guy is pretty predictable when it comes to his pooping ;)
    I've bought the little swimmers as well. They are not meant to hold liquids (which is why they don't expand in water)... so pee will go RIGHT through. I'd use them for "in the water" only :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swim diapers are a must, in my opinion, I am not sure what else you would use, a reg diaper would be a hot mess. I made the mistake of putting a swim dipe on V 30 mins before swim lessons and her butt was wet by the time we got in the pool, so I learned they need to go on right before water play. I also bought a cloth swim diaper to use when we are at home playing in her pool (bummis from amazon, about $12) because disposable swim diapers can be expensive, but most pools require them. Enjoy the beach with B!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think swim diapers are a must. I HATE using regular diapers as they go all over. It is truly awful! Zane wears his now and the only problem I have is the clean up with is slightly hard but I am okay with that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!