Image Map

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Living Alert

Yesterday, I started Listen.Love.Repeat bible study with Proverbs 31 Ministries . I have previously done 2 other studies with them and I loved them both. I am going to try to come on here weekly and share what I have been learning and what has stuck out to me most. I love how they have everything laid out for you in an outline week by week. This study I also joined a small (online) group. So I am excited to get into that portion as well. I was able to get the book from Family Christian for only $12 (since they are going out of business). 

Even though we are only 2 days into the study, I have to say that I am already so excited to get more into the book and this study. 

This weeks verse is : In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” – Matthew 5:16 (NIV)
Chapter 1 (day1) was all about Living Alert and how to hear a "Heart Drop"
Living alert is pretty self explanatory- Karen Ehman says "to become a person who thinks of others first takes great effort on our part. It requires us to live alert."

Now, how to hear a heart drop or what is a heart drop? Basically it's when a person gives you a glimpse/look into their heart. Subtle things that YOU can remember that someone tells you. Check their social media and see what they are into and what they like. And when you feel like someone is giving you a heart drop, WRITE IT DOWN!


For instance, I have received 2 heart drops. I have a group of ladies from the knot that I still keep in touch with, and we do a few exchanges every year and this year one friend got me a mug that she made with NKOTB on it and then for our other one I got a book and a pair of socks about Gilmore Girls. These are 2 things that I really love and they both remembered this and those gifts to me were so special!



Today- we had a bible study, which was so great! We learned about being a light to others.

"When our light shines, people see Jesus. This is when they know our good deeds are not our own, but from our Father" How true- I need to keep this in my back pocket.

Have a blessed day and week friends


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!