Image Map

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

First 5

I dont know about you but I know when I start my day browsing social media or watching the news  sometimes, it can put a HUGE damper on my day. While I love being able to be connected right at my fingertips first thing, I need to stop and prioritize where I need to focus MY attention.
 
I mentioned previously I came across Proverbs 31 Ministries.  Through this site, I found a great app called First 5. It is honestly the best way to start my day. I would much rather spend the first 5 minutes with the LORD than on social media.  It truly sets the tone for my day!
first 5
 
Since I am still new to this, it can be so overwhelming and confusing for me. I sometimes feel like I dont really understand what I am reading or even what I need to be reading. This app has helped me immensely.  So let me tell you a little more about First 5......It will walk you through the ENTIRE Bible. Each day, they go through each book using one verse per chapter. They go on explaining a bit about it & then at the end ask you a question pertaining to that particular verse/teaching of the day. I feel like this app has helped me connect more with the word by teaching me in a way I am able to understand. 

Click here to view a short video from Lysa TerKeurst to explain a bit more


I have noticed when I miss or dont take time to read that days teaching, my day gets off track and I just feel off. It also has helped me connect with God's Word and apply it to my everyday life (this is something I am still working on). If you are looking for a way to start your day off right I would recommend this app. I promise you will not be disappointed!
 
 
I am in no way affiliated with Proverbs 31 Ministries, this is NOT a sponsored post all opinion are my own. 
 
  

1 comment:

  1. I have the First 5 app but haven't been using it as much as I should. It's such a great way to start your day, I agree! Lysa Terkeurst has some great books, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!