Image Map

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Life lately...

I haven't done one of these posts in awhile, (heck I haven't even been on here lately) so I dont even remember the last time I updated on everything we've been up to. So let's see...our life mostly consists of Girl Scouts, Cheer and church. We finished up with our cookie season last weekend and I have to say the girls did AWESOME for the first year. They doubled the goal we set for them and are still selling!!! 


Bre is now signed up for cheer for her school and we will be doing pre-team for All-Star cheer this coming year (she mentioned she is not 100% ready to do the full out stuff.) They will still get to do a routine and go to competitions but they will just do an exhibition and it will only be a 1:30 routine So they will still get the feel of what the real competitions will be. I am so excited for all the fun stuff we have coming up. We have a TON of fun events with Girl Scouts we are doing and now that it's starting to get nicer out it makes it even more exciting.


I think I have mentioned numerous times before about how awesome our church is and I wanted to start getting more involved. Well I have stepped out of my comfort zone A LOT lately when it comes to my faith and the church. First, a few months ago I started teaching pre-school classes in our kidzone on Saturdays. Which I have to say I absolutely adore those little ones and I am so glad that I took that leap of faith and did it! I also recently FINALLY joined a small group, (which is also like a bible study & I will attend my first group this week and I can't wait!) I have had numerous opportunities but none seemed to fit with my schedule, they were either too late in the evening or on a day that I would need someone to watch Bre but I feel like this was just meant to be. I also signed up for one of the classes to become a member of the church. I cant even begin to explain how I feel that my life has transformed and is still transforming since starting to regularly attend church.

A month or so into teaching I received an email from the Children's Ministry Director to meet and talk about an upcoming project. We are currently doing a series (1/2 way through) based on the book 'Drawing the Circle' (it's a 40 day prayer challenge. And teaches you how to pray boldly). Well our normal curriculum doesn't sync in with what the church is doing we get off of another website and we each choose our own stuff we do with the kids, she asked me to come up with the curriculum based off of a disc we received, so everyone will be doing the same thing for the entire series. I cant even begin to explain how much that meant to me that she was entrusting me (just a few months into teaching) to come up with the ENTIRE curriculum for the 4 weeks of the series. Then she tells me that she met with one of the other campuses and they liked what I came up with that they used it for their kidzone as well! 

This past weekend, I signed Bre and myself up for an upcoming community project in May that the church does and I am so excited about because not only are we getting out in the community to do good, I received yet another email from the Children's Ministry Director asking if I wanted to head up one of the family projects for this. I truly feel like God is working in ways I never knew. And all these opportunities with the church are just opening up and I cant even begin to explain how blown away I am and how blessed I truly feel. 

This year truly has been amazing so far, I have made some amazing new friends through school, I have grown in my faith and am still growing and cant wait to see what else God has in store for me.

 

1 comment:

  1. This makes me so happy for you! I'm so glad to hear how the Lord is working in your life :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!