Image Map

Friday, January 13, 2017

new opportunity

I have mentioned numerous times how amazing our church is and I am wanting to get more involved. Well, I took a step of faith and last month, I contacted our Children's Ministry Leader about volunteering opportunity in the Kidzone of our church. 

Our Kidzone, is such an amazing place for kids to learn all about God and faith at an age appropriate level. Breanna loves going and I am so excited for this. I helped out twice last month. This week, I had an official meeting and I am officially on the schedule to volunteer every other Saturday in the pre-school room.  I think Bre is just as excited as I am because she can go with me and stay and help me in the preschool room or she can go into the K-5 room. It's nice because Saturday's aren't as busy as Sunday's so I wont feel as overwhelmed with a lot of kids.

I am  so excited to get more involved in the church and teach these little ones. One thing I love about it is, they have everything outlined for you and exactly what to teach them (even say!) so I dont feel as overwhelmed because if I am going to be honest, I am still learning myself. 

They have such a great team and I just adore the 2 directors of the program. My next step is taking Following Jesus classes and becoming a member of the church. (I plan to do this by end of this year), So wish me luck in my newest adventure 

3 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! I'm so proud of you for stepping out. You might be learning with children, but they're probably better to learn with compared to adults ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! It was fun I was super nervous cause I totally normally dont do that kind of stuff but I am so glad I did!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!