Image Map

Monday, May 27, 2013

decisions

Ive been contemplating for a few weeks about Breanna`s birthday party. This year her birthday falls on Saturday.  Things have been a little tight so, I knew I didnt want to do a theme party, then I decided to do a `small` party which still turned out to be close to 40 people.

Ive been stressing way too much over if I was going to be able to get everything together! And I am the type when I plan a party everything has to be PERFECT and I always spend way too much money on things I don't even need!

So this weekend, I decided to just cancel and just have our immediate family over (which will still be about 15 people). That way, I dont have to worry about getting a ton of food, ordering a cake and all the other things to go along with a party(decorations, gift bags, etc)....and we can do just a relaxing type day. Which will be perfect.  I know I could pull it all together in 2 weeks but I just dont want to be running around like crazy up til the party making sure I have things. I love all our friends and how much they love our daughter but at this time, this is what is best for us and I have enough other things to worry about.

Its only her 2nd birthday so we have plenty more to celebrate big! :)



4 comments:

  1. family birthdays are always the most memorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did the same thing this year---only my immediate family party was only 7 people, 11 if we included ourselves. It was sooo nice. And actually, Raya had just as much fun at it as she did in past years when we did more elaborate parties...as long as she had cake and we sang to her she was thrilled---she never even missed all the extras I usually buy, and spend way too much money on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are making the right decision!! You have to do what is best For YOU and your family! Besides, there is no reason to spend a ton of $$ on a birthday party she won't remember! I learned my lesson after Liv's first bday. I went CRAZY! I spent a lot of $$ and spent WEEKS DIYing and stressing over EVERY little detail!

    This year, is is going to be low key, casual and fun (not just for everyone else but for ME too!) :) I am DIYing a FEW things but nothing crazy! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Family birthdays are perfectly understandable. Although, in my family, that still means 50+ people! ;) Looking forward to celebrating her birthday with a picnic playdate!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!