Ive had a few ppl ask me lately if making baby food is as easy as it sounds.... Yup!!! homemade baby food really is as easy as it sounds!!! I never have thought I would be one of those that makes homemade baby food but once I received my oh so magical baby bullet for Christmas I have been in baby food making heaven! Now you don't need to buy a baby bullet to make your own food you can use a food processor or even a regular blender. And all that it entails is water and blender along with the fruit or veggies of course(all you have to do is steam or boiling except banana or avocado those just blend up)! I did however receive a little nutrition guide with it that gives you some blended recipes so once we he to that stage if anyone wants some recipes let me know!!!
We did start out with the store bought food when we first put B on solids and once we transitioned it did take a few tries for her to actually get used to the texture but now she LOVES it! And the fact that you can freeze it (for 30 days) until your ready to use it makes it another plus!
So far we've made banana, squash, sweet potato, carrots, and avocado. They do give you instructions on how to make your own cereal which we have yet to try. I know there are a few books out there that you can get recipes from but if your just starting out all u need is the food/water and the blender!
So when you wanna thaw it for her to eat? Do you just nuke it?
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to try this!
they say no cause it will cause hot spots so I just pull it from the freezer about an hour before she eats and put it in the fridge or sometimes day before ill put it in fridge
ReplyDeleteI wish I had the time to make it!
ReplyDeleteKudos to you! It does sound easy, but so did Snickerdoodles. ;) I'm staying out of the kitchen.
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome cari!!
ReplyDeleteMaking baby food sounds like so much fun!
ReplyDeleteIt is super easy! I wish I would have made Dylan's food and done it more for Lexie. If you read up on it, you can actually freeze some foods for several months. I have a list somewhere on how long each type can be frozen. I actually have a post scheduled to go up this week about making food!
ReplyDelete