Image Map

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Make-overs....home-style!!!

Since we moved into our house we luckily haven't had to really do anything to it (besides doing Bre's room) however I think it's about time we put our own touch on it!! So we are starting small and starting out w our bedroom...right now it's pretty plain, we have a non working fireplace which I'm hoping to get an electric fireplace insert to add to it, we're going to do a focal wall dark blue and then light blue and brown accent paints. I am going to make (or should I say ATTEMPT) a headboard w plywood, batting and fabric . I am also going to cover a canvas frame w some fabric as a picture for above the fireplace. We did purchase some bedding last weekend but we are getting a King bed this weekend so I have to return that for bigger one so I think I'm actually going to get a different pattern, (as long as they still have it in stock) its a dark blue, green and white

Another project is remove one of the HUGE trees out back so we will only have one! And then bathrooms...upstairs we are still debating on exactly what to do but, we have a claw foot tub/shower so were not sure if we wanna keep it or move to a whirlpool tub/shower...if anything we will do some cosmetic updates (rid of the yes wallpaper and paint the wall ) the other bathroom downstairs off the mud room/laundry room...were still debating on just making it into a powder room w no shower but our luck if we did that something would happen to the upstairs shower and we would be screwed!!!

I think our biggest project is going to be the kitchen...it is VERY outdated...It is functional and I mean it goes w the house but I'm pretty over it..... A new floor is needed plus the cabinets need refinished and we def need to get rid of the wallpaper and the counter could use some updates and I would LOVE to have a pantry IN the kitchen and not in the mud room/laundry room...

so as each project is started then completed I am going try and do a before & after post with pictures and how the progress is going or actually how long it may take us to do each one...so this weekend hoping to start the first one...so stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see posts!! Maybe it will motivate me to do some house renovations! The kitchen redo is going to be a big project:) It is going to look great! Everyone who has redone kitchens have been so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait to see the pics! I love re-dos! Our house was (in our opinion) a dirty disaster when we moved in. So we have had to do something in every single room. Most was cosmetic. But some are complete guts (bathroom and kitchen-eventually) It is so much fun to put your own fingerprint on something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh can't wait to see!!!

    Your pic of your porch the other morning was so pretty! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is probably my favorite thing in the world - before and after home projects! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excited to see your journey. We've come to a bit of hault in our renovations so it'll be nice to see someone elses. Just waiting for the finances to be built up to do our bedroom. It's quite a project we have ahead of us, but it'll be SO worth it.

    Can't wait to see everything come together for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!