Image Map

Sunday, August 12, 2012

thankful

Despite this summer funk I've been in, I was reminded this weekend how lucky I am to have met some amazing  ladies thanks to Twitter (and from blogging).  Being a SAHM its hard to meet new people that are in the 'same boat' as you and completely understand when you can't make it to something! It's also nice to have a great group of friends that are going through a lot of the same things (or already have gone through) as you with kiddos! Or just when you need advice about things or just chat with! 

We all connected through Twitter and got together last year when our babies were about 5months or so.....and now they're all little toddlers! There have been lot of playdates since we have all first met and because of schedule conflits or something else, I unfortunately have only been able to make it to a few but that is going to change!

This weekend we celebrated the last first birthday and it was so great to see all the ladies and their kiddies again. Knowing they're going to have friends wonderful as they grow up!

Normally when it comes to meeting new people I can tend to be quiet and I guess you could say shy...but with these ladies I felt comfortable right away and it felt like I've known them for longer than I have! I am so thankful for social media for connecting me with this amazing group of mommies!

5 comments:

  1. I completely agree! So glad Social Media has brought us all together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I was really happy to see you yesterday too!!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I missed it yesterday, looking forward to Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's seriously the best thing ever. I remember how lonely I was when I had my son and not knowing what to really do to meet other moms and failing at what I did try. There was no social media back then! Now I can't keep up with everybody! I hope you can make it to more future adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree! I'm so glad you could make it to her party!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!