Image Map

Friday, March 23, 2012

transitions....

we are now down from 3 to 2 'bottles' a day!!! Morning and evening...she really isn't seeming like she wants one after she eats lunch so I'm not going to push it....however if she is fussy or seems hungry then I will give her one.

So this week we made a transition from bottle to sippy cup. We have been letting her drink from a sippy cup since she was 5mo or maybe I should say attempt at letting her drink out of it at 5mo...at first it wasn't going so well it just wasn't easy for her to figure out you can't drink it as fast as the bottle without 1). Getting drink all over herself or 2). Gagging on the liquid

We started her out w the Nuby Handle Super Spout Cups & after she got the hang of it we moved on to the bigger cup..Nuby® Soft Spout Easy Grip Sippy Cup

I figured I should 'attempt' switching her from her bottle to sippy earlier than later and hope to make it an easy transition when she turns one so I attempted it a few weeks ago and complete FAIL!!! She got it EVERYWHERE so I let it go and let her stick w the bottle! This week I figured I would try again...

Day 1. Morning bottle HUGE FAIL! Major meltdown so I gave her the bottle
Evening bottle SUCCESS!!!

Day 2. Morning and Afternoon both SUCCESS!!

Day 3 & 4 repeat Day 2 :-)

So only took 2 days and we are completely rid of bottles (I really hope once we give her milk it will be the same).... however I am not going to store them away just yet incase we have another meltdown but I think we are officially off a bottle!!! I am fortunate enough to have a child who is not 100% dependent on her bottle so that made the transition a whole heck of a lot easier on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!