Image Map

Monday, June 8, 2015

friends, family and parties

This weekend was pretty awesome (perfect weather and lots of relaxing!) Despite Bre's birthday not being until next week, we celebrated it this past weekend. Since after her first birthday we have just done small family parties. I just cant justify spending $100's on a party that honesty she probably wont remember! (To each their own I guess)
Anyways....we had my parents, my Aunt, In-laws and our close friends and their daughters over. It was honestly perfect! It wasnt stressful, I didnt feel like I needed to be running around making sure everyone had everything they needed. We just ordered pizza from a local restaurant and had cake. The girls ran around outside and we all just sat and talked. 




It was nice to have B home all weekend.....we also ran to Home Depot and Lowes to get some stuff for outside, to try and get it back to looking nice in hopes of lots of outside gatherings this summer! I got some hanging baskets and we picked up some bird feeders and a few other things. I seriously love going to those stores in spring/summer, even if we dont buy anything I could just walk around.



This week will probably be just relaxing and hopefully get outside some (today and tomorrow it's supposed to storm pretty bad!) Wednesday we are meeting up with Amy and her girls (hopefully at the park!). Next week is recital week and then gym is done for summer.




 

2 comments:

  1. My birthdays growing up were always just close family and a couple friends- low key, nothing elaborate and i LOVED them. Bday parties are some of my favorite memories from childhood- I definitely don't plan to be that person going crazy dropping $ on parties. Right there with ya! Looks like you guys had the perfect day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad she had a great party! She looks SO much older! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!