I started doing this when Breanna was 1. I don't remember exactly where I saw it (probably Pinterest). Instead of an advent calendar, our Elf Ralphie will bring Breanna 24 Christmas books starting on December 1 to open up until Christmas Eve. (we only do 24 to countdown to Christmas day...and we usually give her a non-christmas book Christmas morning this year, she got 3
busy books!)
Breanna loves to read so I think that this is a great alternative for an actual advent calendar! I bought the books the first year and continued to use the same books for the past 3 years. It is always so long in between she doesn't really remember the books from the prior year (so I saved $$ and when she is older I will just donate the books to the local library!)
What a fabulous idea, lady!
ReplyDeleteI love this idea and was thinking about doing it for my daughter this year but never got around to it. There's always next year!
ReplyDeleteLOVE this idea! Books are awesome and how cool that you can use the same ones every year too!
ReplyDelete