It all started on Wednesday when she started throwing up after she ate, at first we thought she ate too fast, something bad or got into cat liter because it wasn't constant. Thursday she did it again after she drank some water so I called the vet and they said keep an eye on her and if she continues bring her in right away! (Side note- this happened before when she was 6mo old she swallowed a rock and had to get emergency surgery to get it removed)
Once B got home from work she still wasn't doing so well and threw up water again so we took her to the vet up at Pet Smart. (she is a very anxious dog we are not exactly sure why but she needs sedated just so they can examine her) so we left her w them and they called us a few hours later letting us know all the tests they took were negative but the X-ray was showing something so she needed to get to the hospital
So B went to get her and took her to the local animal hospital and they needed to keep her over night to give her fluids (she was dehydrated) to see if she would pass whatever it was blocking her....Friday morning did X-rays again so they had to do medicine to see if that would work and unfortunately it didn't! So the last option (before surgery) was to give her barium to make her go to the bathroom (at this point she hasn't gone since Wednesday morning)...as I was on my way to meet my mom to give her something the vet called and said that didn't work and she threw it up & she would need surgery.
At this point I am a complete mess and trying to keep it together for Breanna....so I said I would need to talk to B and I would call her back....(money wise it really wasn't an option for us and I knew that) we were already at this point over $1,000 (we don't have) in the hole. I called back to get prices just incase and it was $3000 just for the surgery and that's not even guaranteeing that at this point they would find what was wrong, have complications or need something else done!
I talked w B and as much as we didn't want to we didn't have a choice and we need to put her down (and honestly I knew that was what was going to happen!). So he called the vet back and she even told him that was probably the best option because they don't even know when they cut her open they would even find anything or need to do more. Once he got up there to sign the papers, the dr said she was constantly throwing up at this point and she has nothing in her. She also showed him an X-ray of another dog that swallowed a rock and you could see it clear as day and nothing was showing up on her X-ray since Friday morning. She also has been put through so much in the past few days (with being sedated every time they had to xray, exam or anything else).
I know she is up in heaven watching over us running free and playing with all the other sweet pets up there! She was a super sweet pup and will be missed greatly!!! Thankfully we have our kitties so its not so lonely in the house, I don't think it has really sunk in to Breanna yet. Eventually few years down the road, we may end up w. another dog but for now, we will love on our kitties!

Oh, dear lady, I am so sorry to hear about your dog. It's so hard…as they are truly part of your families.
ReplyDeleteSending you love and prayers!
I'm so sorry, Cari!! :( That is so hard. Thinking of you guys!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. It's so hard to lose a pet. Thinking of you all!
ReplyDelete