Image Map

Monday, February 9, 2015

I dont know what is worse.....

Breanna got hit w. a cold over the last week, and let me tell you...you think a man cold is bad? Try a dramatic toddler cold! You would think the girl has the flu and is on her last leg...seriously all I have been hearing all weekend `Im sooooooooooooooooooooo sick!` Yes, kid I can hear you hacking everywhere we go! Usually she can shake these pretty quickly so, I am hoping this doesn't last too long.

 I really couldn't tell you the last night we got a full nights sleep....last night, we camped out in the living room in hopes she would sleep through the night? NOPE! Still didn't happen. I hate that you cant find medicine for toddlers, I did thankfully find an age appropriate cough syrup to give her and it let her sleep a few more hours than the previous night.

Yesterday, it was like pulling teeth to try and get her to even drink water, so I tried water w. honey and she refused that. So FINALLY she is drinking more water. I guess just lots of fluids, vaporizer and rest are going to have to do for this stubborn child.

Do you deal w. a dramatic toddler when they have colds? What are some of your remedies to rid a cold quickly?










The Bouqs - Premium Farm Direct Flowers

4 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwww, hope your muffin gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I hope she gets better soon! It is so frustrating with no meds to use. The only thing I have found to ease the symptoms a bit is the Zarbee's nighttime cough syrup and a dose of Tylenol or Advil. Xavier doesn't sleep through the night when well, but that does seem to help get through the stuffy/runny nose junk. And getting him to drink water when sick is impossible! All he wants is milk! Probably the worst thing he could have! He has finally starting liking popsicles so that helps too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, poor thing. Hope its over quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope she feels better soon! We do pretty much the same as you. Vaporizer with eucalyptus oil in it, lots of liquids, vick's vapor rub (the kid version), popsicles, Tylenol/Motrin, and instead of cough syrup, we use spoonfuls of honey. It coats the throat better! I hope she can kick this soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!