Image Map

Friday, May 26, 2017

my tribe

I read a post the other day that really got me thinking. The older I get the more I am noticing who is real and who isn't. Ive learned to spot the "fakes".  I'm not going to lie....I used to think that I needed a lot of friends. But as I am approaching my 40's (yes! I said 40's) I am realizing I would so much rather have a few great girl friends than having a crap ton of friends.

source
 I truly want people in my life that are going to be truthful and honest with me. I also want to know that when I am not around they aren't going to talk about me behind my back and be fake to my face. I have dealt with this before and I just feel uncomfortable around that! I flat out don't like FAKE! I am not in high school anymore and dont want to deal with that crap.

I have friends that I am not super close with but I know that they aren't going to be fake then I have my core friends. The ones I can go to through the good, bad, happy and sad and I know that they wont judge me. I also want a friendship that no matter how long we haven't seen or talked I want to be able to pick up where we left off.  I don't to have "friends" that when we hang out I am wondering what they were saying about me or other people.

source


I have to say that I have finally found MY TRIBE! After 38 years and so many ups and downs with "friends" and people I thought I could trust but find out that I was beyond wrong. I truly know that these girls will be there no matter what through good, bad, happy, sad, ups and downs. I am so grateful for these women and I am so blessed and lucky that they are in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!