Once a year our church does a community project called Focus. Well actually it's multiple projects throughout the community. We had it this past weekend and this year we had 40 projects and I got asked to be a leader of the one project. At first I was kind of skeptical because if I am going to be honest, I have never participated in Focus with the church let alone taken up such a big responsibility. But, I am trying to step out of my comfort zone more so I said yes. (Plus, I can never seem to tell the Children's Ministry Director no lol totally kidding I love that she trusts me to head up things like this!)
The project we were on was at an assisted living home. While I felt things were kind of disorganized (they basically said whatever we want to do is fine). I am really hoping that just having us there with the kids visiting with the residents brightened their days. We ended up just playing bingo with the residents and after lunch some broke off and went to visit some of the residents and some played bingo again with them.
I am glad I was able to bring Breanna with me and I am really looking forward to doing this every year with the church. I am trying to start these kinds of things with her now and teach her how to give back and it's a good thing to give back and not always get get get.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!