Hope all you mama's had a great Mother's Day. Mine wasn't anything too exciting but enjoyable nonetheless.
Friday was NKOTB cd release day and if you know me, I was NOT missing this. My friend (**hi AMY!!!**) and I ran to Target so I could get mine!!!
It, is freaking AMAZING!!!! While it's only 6 songs, I dont care, I have been itching for some new tunes from these guy and they sure did NOT disappoint! Bre gave me a card and little craft (a little purse with a book all about mom inside) they made in school, **cue tears**
That night, Brad took Breanna shopping for a present for me for Mother's Day since he was working all day Saturday. We recently started giving her an allowance ($3/week)when she helps out
around the house and picks up after herself. Brad said she picked
everything all on her own & used her own money. And when she came
home the smile on her face was priceless, she was so excited about her gift and I do have to say she did an amazing job!
Saturday I was looking forward to a day with zero plans (other than teaching at church that night). So I decided to do some cleaning around the house and Breanna helped me, after she played for a bit. I decided after I needed to go to the library to print some stuff for church that night, so we got dressed and ready to head down and Breanna said she didn't feel well, I didn't think much of it so I got her something to eat and some water and we headed down. I was down there for not even 10 minutes on the way out, she got sick and threw up in the parking lot. ** sorry TMI** it's rare for her so I KNEW something wasn't right, she was so pale her lips had lost all color and she kept telling me or yelling at me "I'm TIRED! I want to sleep" which was freaking me out. Thankfully we live right up the street so we were able to make it home quick and get her to lie down for a bit so I left her sleep. She slept for awhile then woke up and BAM hit her again. By this point she had ZERO food left in her stomach Around 1:30 she had some butter toast and was good with that and thankfully was able to eat a few more pieces of that throughout the day. She just slept off and on all day and we watched some movies. But around 630, I just had that gut feeling to take her to the Convenient Clinic. Not that they were able to really do much but at least I know it's nothing MAJOR. So by the time we got there her fever had gone down from 103 to 100.something. Her fever stayed gone all evening and mostly into Sunday. Needless to say I wasn't able to teach that night...
We camped out in the living room that night and were woken
bright and early (5am) by the dogs, Bre fell back asleep for about an
hour and then was up for the day Sunday I was hoping to be able to make it to church and lunch with my parents but I wasn't sure if that was going to be in the cards. Once she was really awake, she ran up and got me her present and I love it so much. **side-note- We were shopping at Claire's one day and we say a little stand with cute mothers day things on them and I said to her oh this would be really cute for mothers day...and she remembered!!!**
She said she really wanted to see Mimi & Pappy and she was feeling much better so we ended up meeting my parents for lunch but missing church (still really bummed about that). It was really nice to catch up with them. After we just came home and all took a nap (dogs and all). Brad ended up working until only 3:00 so it was a pretty relaxing day. Her fever stayed gone for most of the day (she spiked to 100.4 Sunday night but it was after a bath and it was warm in the house) but she was just so exhausted from being up early, she crashed fairly early.
While, the day wasn't what I was really hoping for (doing absolutely nothing all day **a mom can wish right?**) I really enjoyed spending time with the one who made me a mommy. She truly is the light of my life and I feel so blessed to be HER mom!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!