Image Map

Thursday, September 29, 2011

dr appt update

Tues went to the dr for a 3mo check-up, from what I read that we would be getting no shots this time around so I figured this should be an easy appt...well I was wrong(we'll get to THAT part later)

So, she got weighed/height  she's 11lb 10oz and 23 1/2 in long..... DR was running a little late so I was able to get her afternoon bottle in and she wouldnt get pissy...and he came in checked her out and everything was all good.....then he mentions we need to get 2 vaccinations that they didnt have last time, luckily one was oral so that one was easy...well last time she did GREAT and didnt flinch/cry nothing so I thought this should be easy....last time however, we had her on the table and I held her arms and just distracted her this time...I thought lets try sitting her on my lap and distracting her with her bottle.... well I got her ready with her bottle and the assistant put the alcohol on her thigh and gave her the shot well....her eyes got as big as saucers and she just let it rip...well actually nothing came out for a few seconds then the cry really let out....and cried for a good 5 minutes :-(  totally breaks my heart but it's good for her so I'll just deal with it and I guess when they say 'if it aint broke, dont fix it' well that is so true however, I dont know if putting her on the table again wouldve gotten the same reaction as last time - so next time we get shots...we're trying the table again! I can deal with it more now that it's like a 5minute cry but when she gets older idk what Im going to do, I may cry myself! ugh...NOT looking fwd to it...

DR said she looks great and is growing good so we go back again next mo and Im hoping for NO shots but I doubt it...

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!