Image Map

Saturday, November 12, 2011

randomness-

I am officially 'that mom' that calls the dr for EVERYthing! This week we started on squash, as I was changing B's diaper and I noticed she was super red and slightly swollen so I called the DR to see if they think it may be from the new food..we got an appt for 5:15...

That afternoon I was meeting with some other blogger/twitter mommies  (who ALL have girls and just a few months apart of each other) we finished getting ready and headed out to meet up for our play date...It was really nice to meet these wonderful mommies who I have been talking to for a little while but finally got to meet IRL, even tho most of the babies are still to young to play, it is really nice to have 'adult' conversations. Its also really nice to be able to get some advice or encouragement from other mommies with babies around the same age... We have another play date for next month to do a cookie/baby gift exchange. I am looking fwd to meeting up more with these great ladies and seeing all our little ones grow up

now for the DR appt....we get there and of course have to wait for the DR cause he is a talker and was with another patient before us, which was fine cause I got to feed B, so we get her weighed and height measured (mind you she was just at her 4mo appt 2 wks ago) she grew an inch and almost a whole pound, so she is now 12lb 15oz and 24 3/4inches(can we say GROWTH SPURT) and once he finally came in checked her out and said it was just a bad rash...and im still ok to still feed her squash. A few friends have also mentioned that it could be from the pampers, so Im going to try LUVS and see if that works...however i've just been using diaper cream every time I change her and it seems to be doing to trick too

B has been spending a lot of time on her belly and she is trying so hard to get up on her knees but then her arms just give out and just looks like she is flying or she ends up curled up in a ball and she keeps going backwards, so soon she will be on the move soon! eeeeeek I am NOT ready for that yet!!!

Tonight me B and my mom are going to a friends for her sisters jewelry party  and Im excited to see them cause I havent seen one  prob since my wedding and the other for quite some and they have yet to meet B

2 comments:

  1. It's ok to be "that mom" with your first baby! ;) I was for sure. My huz is pretty apt to panic now with Lily more than I am. Her first super high fever, he was ready to take her to the ER and I was confident she had an ear infection. She did.

    Is she teething? I'd guess new food (just new not allergy) and teeth before I guessed diapers since you've not had any trouble with them. Teething brings weird diaper stuff sometimes too. Hope her bum clears up soon!

    Have fun at the jewelry party!!

    Can't wait to meet in person either!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you again!
    One thing you can try is using vaseline at each diaper change. It creates a waterproof barrier!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!