I will start by saying....I absolutely love Kelly Clarkson and the fact that she is a real person (flaws and all!) and doesn't conform to the 'Hollywood Mold' that she NEEDS to be a size 2 a week after she has a baby. She is a great role model and just like a normal everyday mom that may still be carrying around baby weight few months or even years after having a baby! You don't know the situation they are in, maybe they are suffering from PPD. Maybe she is struggling with the overwhelming feelings of taking care of a new baby, a human being!
Fat Shaming or any kind of shaming (for that matter) is just wrong! What makes you all high mighty to sit behind a computer and bash someone for maybe something they cant control! I can almost guarantee that if you were face to face with that person you wouldn't say those things! Seriously who says -Everyone likes to have a fat friend to make themselves look skinny? Seriously? Just NO!!!!!!!! I am friends with people because I have common interests with them and because I genuinely like that person!
And how do you know their story? You don't! So don't be do quick to judge. Sorry but not everyone can fit into the "Hollywood mold" size 2. Its sad that is how our world is but not everyone is going to be a size 2 or even wants to be a size 2!
All this comes from the parents, teach your kids right from wrong, teach your kid that it is NOT ok to call someone names. You don't know the situation they are going through. That little girl that doesn't have the latest fashion? She is just happy to have clothes on her back. That little boy who doesn't eat much at lunch time? Maybe he doesn't have someone at home to pack him a lunch everyday because his mom is working 2 jobs just to keep a house over his head.
It breaks my heart that my child has to grow up in a world so cruel and disgusting! Don't let your kids think it's ok to go out and call someone names, call them fat, call them ugly or whatever you choose. Be a role model to your child and teach them the respectable way to treat others.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!