it seriously is the worst part of being a mother! I hate it more than anything. I hate not knowing what is wrong w. my child so I can help her feel better!
Breanna is currently cutting 3 teeth and 2 of them are eye teeth (which a lot of mamas tell me are bad!) Normally she is ALWAYS so happy and never fusses or moans or anything (seriously we got super lucky) The other night she was getting ready for bed and brought me over one of her books and then all the sudden just bust into blood curling hysterical cries ...I had NO clue what happened from the book-stand to the couch (it is not far). So all I could think did she twist something? Did she get her finger caught on something? did she whack herself w. the book? were her teeth all the sudden hurting her? At this point, I knew I was in for a looooooooooooong night of minimal sleep!
So I after I FINALLY got her calmed down from her hysterics, I gave her some Tylenol and teething tablets and put her into bed about an hour later it began....so I tried to calm her down and as soon as I tried to leave her room...hysterics again...so I brought her into our room to sleep w. us (which we NEVER do) and once that didn't work, downstairs we came. (My poor husband had to get up early to go to work so I didn't want to keep him up!) We set up shop on her couch/bed, she was calm and watching some TV so, I gave her some more Tylenol around 11 and she FINALLY fell asleep @ 11:30
After talking w. some more seasoned mamas they advised me it could possibly be an ear infection. So me being the worrier I am, I couldn't sleep and that is all I could think about and couldn't wait til morning to see how she was feeling and whether we would be going to the DR or not. She woke up @ 4 a little whiny and fussy (through all this there was no fever only warm from hysterics of crying) so I gave her a little more Tylenol and she fell right back asleep and of course I was WIDE awake! So I just watched her sleep(my favorite) and she woke up for the day around 7 and was a little fussy but not nearly as bad as the night before so I was just going to watch her for a bit to see how she was...
I noticed once she was finally awake and moving she was really stiff when she tried to move her head she was moving her entire body to turn and see things, so I put off calling the DR, (I may have also poked at her ear to see if she would cry; i know mom of the year here) no crying only when she would try and turn her head....(I know that hurts like a bitch when I tweak my neck or even sleep wrong)..so I am chalking this up to a stiff neck and stupid teething! (but still being cautious as to may it be an ear infection!)
As much as I may regret saying this, I cant wait til she can talk so she can tell me what is wrong and what is hurting her! Seeing your baby in pain and not knowing how to help is heartbreaking




Poor girl she looks so sad. I hate that feeling too, my oldest had all her teeth before she was 1 and now with my youngest shes taking forever! I wish they didnt have to go through it :(
ReplyDeletePoor thing. I hope she feels better soon. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteOh now. It will get better. I promise!
ReplyDeleteI agree about the talking, that is the worst when they can't communicate!! I hope she's feeling better. Teething does stink!!
ReplyDeleteI hope she's feeling better. It is hard to decipher what is going on!
ReplyDelete