Some days I feel like I am a failure as a mom (and wife). Some days I just want to GIVE. UP! I've been doing this wife thing for 5.5 years and this mom thing for 4.5 and some days I feel like I am getting nothing right, I blow up at the drop of a hat and then feel like a complete failure and later, I know it was the stupidest thing that I got upset/mad over and I just want to go hid under my blanket.
I know no mom/wife has everything all together. (If you do, please come find me and tell me what you are doing so I can start doing it!) When B first started these 12 hr shifts, I thought I was going to lose my mind (we also had other things going on that we were dealing/struggling with). Some days after Bre would go to bed, I would just sit and cry and tell myself I cant do this!!! I was exhausted, overwhelmed and just ready to throw in the towel. I am sure other mothers can relate & I was feeling like this with only one child. I just needed a break!
I worried about pleasing everyone else, trying to keep the house somewhat together and not thinking of myself. I was putting myself on the back burner and in turn burning myself out and making me feel like a complete failure.
This weekend, I started reading The Confident Mom by Joyce Meyer (found at my local library). While I am only about 6 chapters in, it has hit me hard (in a good way of course) It spoke to me like nothing I have ever read before. I am so excited to continue reading it, I may actually have to buy it to keep as my daily reminder and 'mom bible/reference guide'.
One thing that really spoke to me & really stuck out so far..... is that as a mom, we are always trying to please everyone else (kids, family, spouses, teachers, etc) around us and make everyone else happy. But we cant make others happy if we aren't happy ourselves. And if I am going to be honest, some days, I am not happy with myself.
We need to spend some amount of time every day with the Lord. She says " If we want to pour out God's love into the lives of our children, we must first receive it ourselves." How true is this? I need to receive more of God. I need to take time to reflect and just time for me and him. This is my main goal this year, I need to start making me happy and keep reminding myself, if I let God take control, and remember I cant control everything, it's all his plan & things will just be fine.
Have you read a book lately that has just hit you right when you needed it?
I know no mom/wife has everything all together. (If you do, please come find me and tell me what you are doing so I can start doing it!) When B first started these 12 hr shifts, I thought I was going to lose my mind (we also had other things going on that we were dealing/struggling with). Some days after Bre would go to bed, I would just sit and cry and tell myself I cant do this!!! I was exhausted, overwhelmed and just ready to throw in the towel. I am sure other mothers can relate & I was feeling like this with only one child. I just needed a break!
I worried about pleasing everyone else, trying to keep the house somewhat together and not thinking of myself. I was putting myself on the back burner and in turn burning myself out and making me feel like a complete failure.
This weekend, I started reading The Confident Mom by Joyce Meyer (found at my local library). While I am only about 6 chapters in, it has hit me hard (in a good way of course) It spoke to me like nothing I have ever read before. I am so excited to continue reading it, I may actually have to buy it to keep as my daily reminder and 'mom bible/reference guide'.
One thing that really spoke to me & really stuck out so far..... is that as a mom, we are always trying to please everyone else (kids, family, spouses, teachers, etc) around us and make everyone else happy. But we cant make others happy if we aren't happy ourselves. And if I am going to be honest, some days, I am not happy with myself.
We need to spend some amount of time every day with the Lord. She says " If we want to pour out God's love into the lives of our children, we must first receive it ourselves." How true is this? I need to receive more of God. I need to take time to reflect and just time for me and him. This is my main goal this year, I need to start making me happy and keep reminding myself, if I let God take control, and remember I cant control everything, it's all his plan & things will just be fine.
Have you read a book lately that has just hit you right when you needed it?
YOU'VE GOT THIS LADY! No one has it all together, no one. Glad you found a book that spoke to you and told you what you needed to hear.
ReplyDeleteI can't say that I've found a book (besides the Bible) that has really helped me lately, but I feel you on this, mama. Motherhood, marriage...it's hard! It's such a blessing, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it's a maze of trials from start to finish - both good and bad. Keep your chin up and smile :)
ReplyDeleteWe ALL have those days. Just keep in mind that each day is a new day. I think we try to do it all as moms and wives and put ourselves last for everything. It really can get to you after a while! XOXO
ReplyDeleteP.S. Liam or Lily must have accidentally unfollowed your blog! Just realized your blog isn't showing up in my feed. I need to lock them out of blogger on the ipad!
ReplyDelete