In the past month I have been trying to take an hour (sometimes more) to just sit and spend time with my bible whether it be a devotional from Proverbs 31 Ministries, reading from one of my plans on my bible app, or from my daily devotional app. I have felt more at ease & I noticed when I miss a day, I am more likely to get upset over little things (weird right?)
There are somethings that are happening (that for personal reasons I dont want to go into full detail about) right now that have been weighing heavy on both myself and B. Today, I couldn't have read a particular devotional at a better time! It really hit me right where I needed it to. Its like this was meant for me to read at this particular time!
It was called 'Stay in Balance' and the verse was
'I have learned how to be content (satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or disquieted) in whatever state I am in' Philippians 4:11
It goes on explaining -
| source |
What hit me hard were 4 words....'THIS TOO SHALL PASS' How true is that? Whatever we are going through, this too shall pass! You will get through it whether it takes a week, a month, or a year, this too shall pass. I plan to tuck those 4 little words in my back pocket and carry them with me every day!
Have you ever read something that hit you hard right when you needed it?
Good for you! I'm excited to see more posts like this :) woohoo!
ReplyDelete