She woke up Sunday morning and was her pleasant self so we headed to Walmart & SAMs to do some grocery shopping. As we made it to SAMs she was pretty much meltdown city...so I thought ok maybe she is tired since she didnt get her AM nap....so as I went to get the stroller out of the car...she stayed w Brad and was NOT happy I left and just she just let it out! Once I got back she was calm(er) and we got her calmed down and made it through to get all we needed, we got home and put her down for a nap...she slept for almost 3 hrs and when she woke up on FIRE...so I took her temp and it was 102.4, so I kinda freaked out not ever having to deal w this.
I gave her some tylenol and just kept an eye on her the rest of the day/night. I have to thank Stephanie for keeping me sane and calm. The fever kept fluctuating between 101 and 103 so of course this was going to be a sleepless night for mama! We slept downstairs so Brad could get some sleep since he had to work yesterday! She only woke up once around 11:30 and went to the door(like she does for naps) to go upstairs to bed so I gave her another dose of ibuprofen, I laid her back down and she was out til 5:30am.
Woke up yesterday morning w. a low fever 100.8 and ate and was acting normally. I got a hold of the dr and got her an appt for afternoon! By the time we went in her fever had completely passed! After about an hour of being at the office we finally found out she sure enough has an ear infection. I do have to say tho by her mood and way she has been acting you would NEVER know the only thing different is she was just sleeping more and a bit more crank! So we will go back in 10 days to get her check out again! And to top it off, her bottom molars are coming in!
So if we can go another 15mo w. no sickness, I will be quite happy!
Glad you got answers and it was a "quick fix". It's always so hard when our babies are sick. :(
ReplyDeletexoxox
me too! it IS, especially when its a first
ReplyDeleteaw poor Breanna! glad shes all better now
ReplyDeletethanks me too...its the worst feeling ever when you have no idea what is wrong
DeleteWOW! 15 months is a really great streak! We're sick around here ALL the time. About 2 colds a month. I hope she'll feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteAwww poor thing- glad her fever went down!! :( I hope you get to go another 15 months too, that's quite an accomplishment!!! :)
ReplyDeleteWhen kids are sick it is the absolute worst! Glad you took her in and hopefully the antibiotic will do the trick. 15 months is a great run!!
ReplyDeletePoor baby:(
ReplyDelete