lost sleep
Since Breanna was 2mo old she has been the best sleeper & sleeping through the entire night......until recently, I have no idea what is going on but she goes to sleep perfectly fine but between 2-3:30 she wakes up screaming and crying and there is no calming her down, unless I bring her into bed w. us and she goes right back after a little talking to daddy to sleep. I have never wanted to do the whole co-sleep thing its just not something I feel comfortable with but I also don't want to make her scream her head off and upset and make herself sick from crying, so I let her sleep w. us. I am really hoping that this may be a phase she is going through, I don't think its teeth because as soon as I go in her to get her room she stops crying. I just don't know what else to do....I don't want her to get used to coming into bed w. us and sleeping but I hate the cry it out method. I am really hoping it may be just a bad dream and wont go on for much longer.
so tell me, have your kiddos gone through this phase? how long did it last and what did you do?
Could she be afraid of the dark? We went through a similar phase with V awhile back and a friend recommended the kinderglo night lights and it has worked like a charm! (we have the moon shape)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.amazon.com/Kinderglo-Portable-Rechargeable-Night-Elephant/dp/B0043G1MH2/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1351430582&sr=8-15&keywords=moon+night+light
She may be, we only have a little night light. I will have to look into that its not EVERY day its just rare and its only at night
ReplyDeleteOh goodness. Well first of all Im probably not the person you want to talk to because we co slept with both of ours, and for some bad nights it ended up being us 4 in the bed... anywho. raygan is a little over 3 and I cant tell you how many different phases shes gone through, shes always been the one that doesnt sleep well. She'll sleep great for a couple months then completly crappy for the next.
ReplyDeleteSo I guess my conclusion is to hang in there! It will get better! Have you ever thought of night terrors?
We are going through the exact same thing!! Olivia's has been off and on. I have been reading Olivia a couple extra stories at night and have been rocking her with a cup of milk before bed and she is doing better. Idk why Olivia is going through this either!
ReplyDeleteIt is a phase- trust me! Both of my kids did it- lasted about 1-2 weeks and ended as soon as it came. Have you tried the Cloud B thing that glows- I gave Zane that and he loved it and lulled him back to sleep.
ReplyDeleteSounds like if its rare its probablyjust good old fashioned nightmares. Maybe try rocking her in her room and until she is calm and then putting her back to bed? We have never given Natalie the option mostly because our bed is so high and the floor is hardwood. Any time that happens with us I go in, pick her up, do the mommy checklist (lol) and then sit down with her in the glider until she is calm. Then its back in bed "time to go night night now I love you!" Its worked....so far. Good luck!
ReplyDeletePs - I dont think sleeping with you is bad but I just wouldnt make it an every night thing or even a three nights a week thing, she will start to expect it.
If you don't want to co-sleep, nip that in the bud now. Soothe her in her room, try the nightlight ideas, keep the lights low, don't talk to her other than to soothe, let her know it is still sleep time.
ReplyDelete