1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
1 cup brown sugar
1 loaf Texas toast (I only used 1/2 loaf and cut in 1/2 length wise)
4 eggs
4 eggs
1 1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Powdered sugar for sprinkling
1 teaspoon vanilla
Powdered sugar for sprinkling
Directions
1. Melt butter in microwave & add brown sugar....stir till mixed.2. Pour butter/sugar mix into bottom of 9 x 13 pan....spread around
3. Beat eggs, milk, & vanilla
4. Lay single layer of Texas Toast in pan
5. Spoon 1/2 of egg mixture on bread layer
6. Add 2nd layer of Texas Toast
7. Spoon on remaining egg mixture
8. Cover & chill in fridge overnight (I didnt do this part, I just made it in the morning)
9. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (covered for the first 30 minutes)
10. Sprinkle with powdered sugar
11. Serve with warm maple syrup -
Note- (I served it upside down so the butter/sugar mix is on the top)
Yummy! might have to give this a try sometime soon:)
ReplyDeleteUmmmm horraaaay!!! Thank you! Totally wanted this after you put it on instagram!! :-)
ReplyDeleteWhen I feel well again, I'm going to have to try this!
ReplyDeleteYum! That looks so good! :) Love the new design!
ReplyDeletexo
YUM. I can't wait to make this!!
ReplyDeleteThis is so good!!!! I need to try this! YUM!!!
ReplyDeleteYUM!! I'm totally putting this on the dinner menu for next week! (Breakfast for dinner is my favorite type of meal, ha ha!)
ReplyDeletePinned itttt! Looks delish :)
ReplyDeleteYum, I remember seeing this on your instagram and then forgot about it. I love french toast so this will be a nice little change up. Can't wait to try it!
ReplyDeleteYum! That looks delicious! I tried to make a French Toast Bake for Christmas morning and it was a total fail! :(
ReplyDelete