Image Map

Friday, August 9, 2013

Big girl room- Inspiration

Well if we are friends on social media, you know we recently switched Breanna to her big girl bed! I put the little stinker down for a nap and usually have her sound machine playing her music well all the sudden her room got quiet- so one of 2 things, she either knocked it over somehow or finally learned how to crawl OVER & OUT of her crib...it happened to be #2...I went up to check on her and I opened the door and she had the biggest smile on her face like she was so proud she escaped out of the crib.

So I decided to just take the front part of the crib off {mind you we were planning on doing this once we got back from vacation so it just happened a bit earlier} and so far it has been successful.  So Brad and I started talking maybe we should move her into our spare room- {which was going to be her room sooner or later, it is much bigger than her current room} we will still use her toddler bed for awhile

So, of course I took to Pinterest for some inspiration! I decided I want to do a blue{possibly navy}white/pink color scheme with a touch of gold thrown in. The room she is moving into has a non-working fireplace {we may add an insert}, I was hoping to do one wall striped or chevron, maybe do a little reading corner, and lots of fun stuff on the walls!

So these are some ideas I came across I really liked, we will probably pull from each-



8 comments:

  1. Love the colors. Can't wait to see pics of it all done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this inspiration pic!! We are doing Savannah's big girl room in our new house those same colors!! =) Bed, bath and beyond has a really nice chevron blue, pink and white bedding set (expensive though) that I am using as my inspiration! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    Kate

    www.raisingtherogers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this color scheme! If we have another girl I will probably do raspberry pink with navy blue accents and if we don't I'll probably use it for Evie's room! :)

    You'll have to share your transition tips for the toddler bed. I'm nervous to move Evie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just love it all! And how cool is that with the fireplace?! Working or not working, it's a great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those colors are so perfect together- I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors! Cant wait to see the finished product! You're so creative Cari, you inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your inspiration room! Absolutely stunning! We haven't been brave enough to move Bailey into a big girl bed just yet. I don't think the little stinker would stay in it for very long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE those colors. I hosted a bridal shower with those colors & it was so fun. I cannot believe I own Chevron pillows, they are not as cute as the ones you posted though...haha! Glad she has transitioned easy to her toddler bed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!