Image Map

Thursday, August 22, 2013

vacation recap...

honestly not much to recap we didn't do a lot it was mostly relaxing!

We left around 9:30 Friday morning to head down after we grabbed some breakfast. We had a really easy trip down...only had to stop twice. It only took us 10 hours to get there. It was really nice to finally get out of the car once we got there....Breanna was awake for the first 7 hours and slept for maybe 3 after that we had no meltdowns



Of course as soon as we got there Breanna was super excited to see her cousins...she really just adores her cousins!!! Once we got settled we went and hung out back the kids played. We didnt have anything planned the kids started school this week so my sister was running around a few days doing orientations and other school related things. It was nice to just actually relax. When we go to the beach, I am always exhausted for half the week after we get back, 

Some things we did do- went to Katie's {my niece} gymnastic and cheer practice, we went to eat one night {hello Five guys!!!!},got some Sweet CeCes{omg- so yummy} my sister and I went to dinner one night w. no kids, we went for a walk around the neighborhood, we went to a really cool nature park near her house {that will be a separate post}, my sisters friends Jen & Stephanie came over one night and we had some drinks by the fire {first time trying Straw-ber-ita and it was so so good}, and kids playing a lot.  It was seriously the best vacation the weather was a tad bit hot a few days but by the end of the week, it cooled down and it was perfect!


I was supposed to meet up w. Lindsay but things fell through and we didn't get to meet up. We actually were planning on leaving Saturday early morning but ended up leaving Friday evening around 5pm and got home about 4:30 am...while I dont like driving at night because I cant sleep in the car, Breanna did sleep for about 6 out of the 10 hours and we only had one minor meltdown...and once we got home she fell back asleep til almost 9am.

I was super sad we had to leave, I really miss my sister being close. We have gotten a lot closer as we've gotten older & its hard not having her close and only getting to see her once or twice a year! But I know that we will be making many more trips down to visit. Brad really liked it down there and said the drive wasn't as bad as the drive to the beach!


5 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures!! Those are the best kinda' vacations- just relaxing, going at your own pace and nothing big planned!

    I miss my sister a lot too- we're 8 hours apart and it kills me! I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for relaxation! :) those can be the BEST vacations of them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the vacation pictures! What an amazing time you all had!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures, it is always hard to say goodbye. xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!