Happy Monday Friends...today, the sweet Alexa is taking over the blog sharing some AMAZING recipes!! Not only is she an awesome friend but her recipes are AMAZING {Ive dabbled with a few} I know when I don't know what to make for dinner, I can always find something yummy on her blog! So be sure to head over and follow her, she will keep you laughing for days!
If you've got the time, I've got the menu!
Hi, y'all! I'm Alexa from Southern Living, Our Way, and I'm so excited to be filling in for Cari while she's traveling down South in my neck of the woods! I started blogging about a year ago as a generic "lifestyle blogger," and I can't say I've strayed too much from that category, simply because I enjoy the freedom of being able to write posts about any topic I desire and not need to fit perfectly into a specific niché. That said, I have found that there's one thing I enjoy writing about over and over again ~ healthy living that starts in the kitchen!
![]() |
| With skillet apple pie... Don't judge, this was a holiday! |
Growing up in Tennessee I learned all of my basic cooking skills and recipes from my grandma, "Mimi," who tolerated me hanging over her shoulder every time she cooked dinner or baked a pie, and would answer each question I had about ingredients and measurements. Little did I know how far those lessons would go! My husband, Glenn, and I don't have any little nuggets running around our house just yet, but I was raised to value the importance of sitting down to the dinner table as a family every night, and luckily for me Glenn values that as well, so even with just the two of us in the house, we have dinner together each night after work. Well, guess who does the cooking for that? :)
Today I want to share with you a few of my favorite weeknight recipes ~ recipes that don't take a lot of time or effort to prepare, because lord knows I don't have time for that after a full work day, but are still healthy and delicious!
{You can find full posts about each of these on my blog by clicking the recipe link.}
{You can find full posts about each of these on my blog by clicking the recipe link.}
The original tomato basil soup recipe is from here, and I'll be honest, I haven't changed it much! This meal is a favorite in our house, especially with a delicious, melty grilled cheese sandwich on the side for dipping. It goes on our menu most weeks, and recently I've been stretching it a bit by adding one extra can of tomatoes and some extra milk+broth to turn into leftovers for another night that week. Hey, whatever saves time, right?! This soup is healthy and fairly guilt-free, especially because it uses lighter alternatives instead of the typical "heavy cream" you find in most creamy tomato soups. You really can't go wrong!
My recipe adapted from the original here. Everyone who has made this pasta after reading my post about it always gets in touch with me to say how "OMG DELICIOUS!!!" it was, so I think that speaks for itself! From start to finish, including cooking the pasta and making the sauce, this meal should come together in less that twenty minutes, so it's perfect for a weeknight when you don't feel like working in the kitchen for too long.
Even Cari can attest to how delicious these babies are, as she made sure to let me know when she made them recently and how much she loved them! I adapted my recipe from here, and reworked it to turn it into a full, hearty meal for two adults. Yes, these are fried, but are done so in coconut oil and with mostly clean ingredients, so this is still far better than going out to a restaurant and ordering fried fish and chips. Bonus points: This is another meal that takes about half an hour to get on the table!
And let's be honest, what a dreadful life it would be in our house if we didn't have Mexican food at least once a week. We're pretty obsessed! I make these super easy veggie fajitas {I'm strictly pescetarian, so there's no meat in this house!}, usually cutting up my vegetables on Sunday during meal prep time, so I can pull these yummies together in less than twenty minutes after work. Want to health it up a little? Ditch the tortilla and turn these into Fajita Bowls a la everyone's favorite Chipotle!
What are your favorite easy-peasy weeknight recipes? Head on over to my blog and let me know!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!