Image Map

Thursday, November 7, 2013

slow it down...

Don't Blink by Kenny Chesney on Grooveshark



This song is so so true and always makes me tear up when I listen to it!!! I was catching up on blogs and a particular post really hit home for me when I read it. It was about slowing down and living in the now. Especially now with the holidays approaching it seems like we are always rushing around to visit friends and family and get all of our shopping done. While its great to be able to spend time w. family and friends sometimes we forget about the little things that happen from day to day and they go unnoticed.

I have to remind myself Breanna is not going to be this little girl forever (though she will always be my baby) and as much as I don't want to think about it she will be growing up much faster than I really want her to! I mean these first 2.5 years have flown by way quicker than I want to admit! We constantly get asked so when is #2 coming....I don't think we are going to have anymore honestly this is what is best for our family.

These little tugs on my arm, those times I hear mommy mommy mommy about 20 times in 5 minutes, or those dance parties in our living room....they will be gone before I know it. And I will be longing for them and wishing I could just do it one more time. I need to stop stressing over little things I cant change and just enjoy the now.



5 comments:

  1. I am the same way! I want to slow down time with Hayley!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song, and it's so true! Time flies too quickly...I can't imagine what it's like to watch your little one grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dance parties too, I hope they never grow out of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!