Image Map

Monday, January 13, 2014

Definitely not up for Mom of the year....

Ive been staring at a blank screen for probably about 20 minutes trying to decide what to write....our weekend wasnt much but it was relaxing with no pictures....I know I know bad blogger!!!! Most people will find this boring but I felt a need to post today.....

Friday- I met up w. my friend Amy that afternoon for a play-date at Burger King and we had usual lazy night at home.  Saturday B worked til about 4 so Breanna and I headed to run some errands and to the mall to use some gift cards. And then we went to our friends for dinner and it was super nice to catch up. Sunday- We just did some major grocery shopping and healthy cooking!!!


Its only 13 days into the year and I already should win mom of the year award {TOTAL SARCASM!!!!!!!!!!!} While we were at the mall we lost her beloved bear...I don't know what happened its like he just vanished, you would've think I lost a child how frantic I became....(if you are a mom, and your child has a lovey....you know exactly where I am coming from!) We had it when we were in Macy's and I put it in my purse...we walked through the mall to the food court to grab lunch and as we were finishing, I noticed we didn't have him...I am telling you we walked our previous path 3 times before I finally gave up and  left my info at mall guest services and Macy's. She was fine all the way home until it was time to lay down....I told her on the way home that he was just at home getting a bath and all clean for her....I know LIES LIES LIES....but when your child loses something like this you will do ANY thing to make them think it is the right one...so as soon as we came home she was in full search mode...she even looked in the tub upstairs...my heart was breaking for her because I knew he was gone.....we do have 2 spare but let me tell you we tried this method before when I accidentally washed the original, she wanted nothing to do w. it she would smell it and throw it on the ground and demand it wasn't hers...and that same scenario happened again this time... thankfully she slightly took to the original one but still isn't all too sure about it....nap time Saturday was horrid and she FINALLY fell asleep after about 30 minutes of crying and screaming! She still isn't too keen on the one she has now, but bedtime/nap time hasn't been TOO bad. Mind you this thing was so disgusting looking B thinks someone may have just thrown it away! In a way, I am kinda glad because she isn't sucking her thumb anymore (which is a good thing because means she will probably need braces if she continues)...so we shall see if we get a call that they find it



6 comments:

  1. Oh, poor Breanna and poor you! Xavier goes nuts when he can't find this one truck that he carries everywhere. He has even named it "P" after his Grampy! The other day we couldn't find it just in the house and it was horrible! He started crying out for P! Thankfully we found it under the couch and things went back to normal. Good Luck and I hope they call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, yuck situation!! No fun for momma or B!! Haha, I hope she can 'move on' for both your sakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh NO! That's never fun for anyone. Luckily that hasn't happened to us, but a few times we misplaced her toys and she had a mini freak out. I can only imagine how B was feeling or acting! Hopefully you find it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no!!!! I hope somebody finds it and returns it. We have been there before with Lexie's BunBun. Full out panic mode!!! Luckily, we found it in the store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like it's time to forcefully break the habit. haha. i laugh because i've been there :/ i'm sorry momma! it'll be okay though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh my heart is breaking a little bit for her! There's nothing as devastating to a child as losing a lovie! :-(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!