Image Map

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Work out help....

Ok so I am in need of help!!!!



I am going to be honest here, I am not one to go to a gym but I really am looking to start working out from home, also I am not one to do those super hard p90x type workouts because I know I won't stick with it! I am starting to do yoga again this week but also would like a low impact workout but something I can do at home (basically targeting abs)

I love yoga because it is relaxing but really need to get rid of this last 10lbs of baby weight I still have hanging around. I am starting to eat healthier....I drink tons of water through the day and have already cut out the pop so that is a start.

My goal is for our vacation in July. Once it gets warmer, I am going to start walking again because I know that has definitely helped....but let's be honest, I don't want to go out in this freezing cold weather

so any help would be greatly appreciated!!!







13 comments:

  1. I dont have a gym close enough to my house to go, so I have had to find work outs for home that actually deliver results. Like you, p90X is a little more than I really want. I have done Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and seen some results with my abs and amazing results with my arms and back. I started Focus T25 last month and LOVE it as well. Jillian is 30 minutes a day and I only did it 5 days a week instead of every day. T25 is 25 minutes 5 days a week and there is a stretch work out you can do on Sundays if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can definitely do it friend. Just find something you love to do and set that routine. Put it on your calendar and don't let anything come in the way of you and that routine/workout. Make yourself a list on here or on your fridge and check it off each time you go work out! YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jillian Michaels DVDs are great for at home... her 30 day shred is only 28 minutes start to finish, and that includes the warm-up. She kicks your butt in those 28 minutes too! They're pretty inexpensive at Target (like $8) or I know you can get some of them right on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the same boat as you. I got a treadmill for Christmas and have been using it. Hopefully I continue to. Looks like we have a long way to go until we can be walking outside again here in Pittsburgh :( Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jillian Michaels is great. You can find some of her workouts on youtube for free. I also like Tone it Up (can be found on youtube) and fitnessblender.com Hope you are staying warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check out Barre workouts. I was just about to sign up for a 15 day trial from Barre3. They have a ton of online workouts (all different lengths)and they give your access to their nutrition too. (Not affiliated in any way, just excited to sign up) I love yoga, but I heard that Barre is really great for toning up and it's similar to yoga and not too high intensity (like p90x). I'm determined to lose my baby weight too. I bet between that, yoga and walking, you'll look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love working out, I just don't have enough time :( The Skinnygirl yoga DVD's by Bethenny Frankel are pretty good, low intensity. I used them all the time before X came along! Barre workouts are awesome! I took a class (once a week) over the summer and it was amazing! I instantly lost weight and inches :) Greater intensity, and it kicks your butt...but so worth it! I am hoping to get back to a class every now and then or at least pick up a DVD. You can do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know it sounds silly but when you're just at home and a commercial comes on, stop everything you're doing and do crunches or jumping jacks or something like that...commercials last like 4-ish minutes or so....so that means throughout the day you're getting sufficient work out in! I know, it sounds silly but it's better than doing nothing! By the way, I've missed your blog - my fault for not blogging but I'm back and I'm glad I am! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was going to suggest yoga and it looks like that is already on the brain! You tube has some awesome yoga videos all different skill levels, times and target areas. I like you tube bc you have find someone you like and change it up depending on your time and mood. I do yoga classes at our Y...maybe find a studio you can go to that offers per class fee and gentle yoga classes!

    Kate @ Raising the Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely think just finding time to do little things on commercials, or B's nap or something like that, can sometimes really ad up! YouTube has some great 10 minute circuits, and stuff you don't need any equipment for! those are nice, and there are lots of them so mixing it up will always help you be more excited about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am planning on doing the 30 day shred to get rid of my holiday lbs. I also do yoga 2x a week and was thinking about signing up for yogaglo as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've got this, Cari!! I'm so proud of you for taking it on and bettering yourself for YOU! :) I'm not one for the gym either, but last year we bought just a few free weights for the house and I'll do Pinterest workouts as well as a few exercise DVDs (yoga, pilates, that b**** Jillian) and I always feel like I still got a great workout!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pinterest is amazing for workouts. I have a jillian DVD that I love. also tone it up girls are amazing. Blogilates is good too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!