Image Map

Monday, January 20, 2014

I will not let a number control me

So as I'm sure most of you are aware, I started last week really getting back into shape & working out. Well B got us a scale and I stepped on it for the first time in probably a year? Last time I was on a scale was my annual Dr appt and I don't even remember what that number was but I will tell you when I stepped on it this time, I was extremely disappointed with that number staring back at me.

I do have to say though, I have been killing it w. working out, I actually look fwd to working out every day. Even on the weekends, I want to work out...but I dont want to overdo it so I am just doing it slow at first just to ease into it.

Yesterday, I took the next step and actually got on our treadmill. While I cant full out run yet (my knees don't approve of that), I did do a little over a mile of a fast walk/jog. I really wanted to do another mile but my knees were screaming at me so I had to stop it at that.

So enough with the rambling, back to the whole reason I wanted to write this post, that dreaded number on the scale....I was thinking about this the other day and its come down to this I will NOT let a number determine how I look at myself! Yes, it is nice to want to be a certain weight but I will NOT let it control me or will NOT let it get me down!

I will keep working hard and working to where my clothes fit me comfortably and I don't feel frumpy. I will keep working hard to get my body to look good in that bikini but I will NOT let that number control me. I will still eat and not skimp on food because of a number on the scale. Yes, I will watch what I eat because it is my body and I want it to be healthy and I want to live a long life







3 comments:

  1. that's right - a number shouldn't be how you look at yourself. I've been working at it too and when I get on the scale and expect to see a LOT lower of a number and I don't, I have to remember that I didn't get myself in this position over night and it's a WORK IN PROGRESS to get where I want to be. It doesn't happen over night (without surgery...haha). keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all SO true and SUCh a great reminder. While I know my "number" definitely needs to go down a little bit, I also just want to remember that I'm trying to build muscle too. And that my body will NOT be what it was when I was 18, ha! I'm trying to not get on the scale as much, and pay more attention to how clothes are fitting. We will get there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing amazing working out it sounds like and I love your positive attitude... you're right, the number doesn't mean anything, it's how you feel that matters!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!