...as I was cleaning out our back closet last week, trying to organize it to add all of Breannas new clothes, I realized I have a crap ton of her clothes just sitting around in bags...I dont know why I am hanging onto them? Seriously, I have 6 bags, (and one of those bags, is just diaper
covers)....and that is what I just could see, they are FULL and
overflowing w. clothes, a bag of shoes and a 20 gallon tub of clothes...
Maybe I am secretly hoping we will change our minds about having another? Or I am just too stubborn to get rid of them? I just cant bring myself to get rid of them....I really wish I could just take them to a consignment store/sale and sell them but I truly am attached to them.
I am hoping to at least get them separated into sizes this weekend just to see exactly how much or what we have and maybe I can finally part with some of them!
Is there any item(s) you still are hanging onto just because?

We have kept all of Aubrey's baby clothes. We are 100% set on if we are having another child or not but it's just incase.
ReplyDeleteI am soo bad about "saving" things. I have clothes from six years ago when I first met my husband that are outdated, and I can't wear anyways. LOL..
ReplyDeleteI kept one piece of clothing from each child (that was our favorite pieces) and that was it. We are not ones to hang onto anything because we know we are not having anymore kiddos.
ReplyDeleteGiving them to friends has always been what we have done since Dom was a baby. I sell some things because each of our children have a ton of clothes or we donate to good will. But I love passing things onto friends and then seeing them in the pieces later.
I told you to feel free to send anything you don't want my way! ;) Maybe if you divide them up and sort you can at least keep your faves and maybe find some that you're okay with parting with?
ReplyDeleteIt's definitely hard to get rid of that stuff. I'm not a "stuff" person and having it around drives me nuts so I'm good about getting rid of it... but the kids clothes were definitely tough / sentimental!
ReplyDeleteI still have all of Xavier's clothes too! I have them in those rubbermaid containers by size. They now fill up the entire bottom of his closet and I have another one in the extra bedroom. I just can't make myself get rid of them yet. I know I would like another child, but Mic is on the page of "one and done" :( Holding out hope :)
ReplyDeleteI'm reusing as much of Lily's stuff as I can which currently is most of it.
ReplyDeleteI am setting aside a handful of things to save for each of them. Special dresses and the "my first" outfits. Other than that, I am READY for the space and will consign some of them and donate the rest!
I know a baby girl who'd love to wear cutie diaper covers. :)
I have seperation anxiety with my OWN clothes. I have the hardest time getting rid of anything. It drives me nuts. It's like a game I can't win, with myself!
ReplyDeleteI definitely have a difficult time with this, too!
ReplyDeleteI have been passing on quite a bit of Lily's outgrown clothes, but I still can't part with my favorite things!