I guess for me it's more of a personal thing! I want to sponsor someone because I love what they write or because we have a common ground. Also I want them to be interested in my blog! I want them to read my blog! I want them to leave me some comments every so often. I mean who doesn't love getting comments? No I don't comment on EVERY single post I read but hey I have an almost 2 year old and a husband so I can't devote my entire day to checking blogs and commenting but I do try my damnedest to comment as much and I can or even let them know on twitter or FB what I thought of a particular post
There are a few ladies that I currently sponsor who are the most amazing hosts...and I feel like they actually care about me and my blog and I get a lot of feedback from them and not to mention we actually made great friendships! If I am following a blog, it's not just cause its the cool thing to do, and everyone and their mother is following! I'm following because I am actually am interested in what they have to say!
Don't get me wrong, I love me a good giveaway, product review, or even a link-up but personally I don't want to be a predictable blog where you know what's to come every week. So, its time for me to step back and rethink about why I actually started this little blog!
Yes I do want people to read my blog but I don't want to get lost in WHY I actually started this, for ME and family. To document Breannas life and not forget all the things that she has done, and mostly just an outlet for me to write {regardless if it gets published or not}! No I am not leaving the blog world....I just need to keep it real and about what I really started it for....myself and family! If one week, I don't post but one time, so be it. If one week I don't post at all, so be it. If one week, I have a post EVERY day, AWESOME.
I am no longer going to beat myself up if my posts are slacking! Loyal followers will stay with me no matter how much I post. If I lose followers then not my loss..I know the ones that stick with me are the ones that actually read and care about what I write and I appreciate you! So to those who take time out their days to read and comment here...thank you! I wish I could thank each one of you individually! you really don't know how much it means to me and I am extra grateful for you all!
Great points! I pretty much never do blog hops or giveaways and I don't know what sponsoring is haha. But for all the reasons you posted I just don't have time! I love my loyal readers :-) I think blogger burnout happens to often anymore because of all the other stuff...and blogging is supposed to be fun!
ReplyDeleteI'm 100% with you on this. I try to post every day, but a lot of times it just doesn't happen. I try to start posts ahead of time and add to them later, but I'm trying to live in the moment more. I will always follow your blog, no matter what you write about or how often :)
ReplyDeleteGreat perspective; I totally agree!
ReplyDeleteAwesome post girlfriend. It's easy to get caught up in blog growth, but I try to stay grounded in why I started mine too. I think about how AWESOME it might be one day to show my kids that I documented the first few years of our marriage in a blog, and hopefully documented their first years of life too!
ReplyDeleteNot to mention the amazing friendships I have made, and continue to make! :)
Exactly! great post my friend! I think taking a little sponsor break for myself personally will help - the cool thing about it is that I have gained great friends, such as you, throughout it all. I just want to get back to the simplicity of blogging for a bit - I have been caught up in the numbers SO many times and I regret it every.single.time I do! I hate it! I'm so excited to take a step back and focus on blogging relationships that I currently have instead of gaining more followers. it'll be best that way - thanks for this post by the way, it's encouraging!
ReplyDeleteAgreed. Blogging has become sooo much about trying to come up with posts every day so you can have more followers. It's stressful. People need to always keep in mind why they started blogging in the first place! I am new to blogging-but the main thing I love about it is that knowing that a few months or years down the road I can look back and have my life documented!
ReplyDeleteI had to remind myself of this not too long ago. It is so easy to get wrapped up in it all. The ones who count will always be here! Screw those who leave! I love some every time i go a few days without posting.
ReplyDeleteIt's why I keep mine small. I love making new friends but I don't have time to keep up with a lot of people. I already burned out on building a twitter following and it got exhausting. I was stressed out with knowing everybody's business and problems and I found much negativity. Things are more positive somehow inJust blog land. :) Mine will remain small and "in the moment" as someone else said and an outlet for my writing and photography. Just be you! Those who matter will stay.
ReplyDelete