Image Map

Monday, February 18, 2013

true friendships

This post has been sitting as a draft for about a month or so,{this also may be a bit of a cluster} I figured this was a perfect time to post  so I am linking up w. Becky over @ From Mrs to Mama for Women Connect again
 
 

I am not sure where this post is actually going but things have just been on my mind!

I don't like change! plain and simple. Once I got married {and then became pregnant shortly after} , I lost a few friends....or people who I thought were friends, and that hurt!  I was looking fwd to having them in my child's life and I considered them family to me, I guess you learn who your true friends are at times like that where you can no longer go out and party and drink{not that I really drank much to begin with}...Don't get me wrong, I still have a handful of AMAZING friends that I have been friends with for quite some time, years to be exact and I cherish them and all the memories we have made together

I am not one to just go out and make friends with random ppl I think that's why I tend to not do things as take Breanna to random play groups or such! I have been told many times you can't make friends if you don't go out and try...well that's not me , most people think I am a major bitch because I tend not to talk to ppl unless I know you or know someone you know, So no I am not a bitch (well yes I can be), I am quiet until I get to know you! Even when my husband tries to introduce me to his friends wives, I am super quiet and don't talk much


Back to the whole making new friends thing... I absolutely love the group of ladies (and kids) we hang out with,  and even though I feel like I have known them for quite some time no, I haven't been friends w these ladies forever but we did chat on twitter and connected through our blogs before we met so that made it easier for me to meet up with them and connect with them! I feel so blessed that they are in my life and I can always count on them no matter what! There are a few other ladies that I have connected w through twitter and blogging that I would love to meet someday but I already consider them lifetime friends! 

Some days I do still think about and wish some of those old friends were still in my life but then I remind myself, they are no longer in my life for a reason! But I do question why? While I know I could be the bigger person and reach out to them to see if things can be mended but do I really want to? Sometimes I do think about emailing/texting them just to say hi but then I close it and go against it. And then I wonder, do they ever think about reconnecting...I just don't know if I really should buck up and be the bigger person its not like things ended with some kind of horrible blow-up fight it just kinda stopped talking/texting/calling etc and I cant say that I am not to blame but I also was pregnant and had a husband so I didn't want to go out every weekend but I still tried to keep connected! You just get to a point where you just feel like things are done! I guess, I will never know until I try and connect with them so maybe I should just do it! I guess I am just afraid to be let down and disappointed yet again...so time will tell!


8 comments:

  1. I think we all have gone through this - if someone hasn't then they're people pleasers and it'll come back to bite them in the butt some day. haha but I, too, often think of these old friends but then just remember that my focus is on the future and not the past...easier said than done but once you practice for a while, it comes more natural. love heart felt posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I so feel you!! I lost so many friends after I got married! It was seriously ridiculous! Girls can be crazy! I love your honesty in this post! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally relate to you on this! While i don't have any kids yet just getting married has totally changed the dynamic that I have/had with some of my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't have said it better!
    I swear it's like you read my mind girl! :)
    I definitely can relate to you on all of this (especially because of my son) - it's so crappy how people show their true colors, but I'm so happy you have some that are genuine and true still :)
    So glad we met and continue to get to know each other!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so feel for you on this one. I got married young and had kids young. I had a different plan and most of my friends went their own way. Then a few years later we decided to move 15 hours from home. Needless to say, I have my kids, I have my husband, and a few 'virtual friends.' I'm glad that you were able to meet people through your blog that lived close enough to you for you to become more than online friends with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cari! I saw you comment on Megan's post about Trendy Tot Tuesday about being interested in guest hosting. Can you email me at mrsintrainingblog@gmail.com? I'd love to set a date for you :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post! So well written. I have lost a few friends since I have been sick, took a break from a few which we reconnected and started just where we left off and recently lost a friend I considered family. It was a hard blow to me very hurtful yet I am glad I learned now instead of later when the hurt could have been ten fold. I think with friends there are seasons where you either stay friends forever or you grow apart, or they don't get the new situations that is thrown your way but in the end a true friend will be there no matter what! Great post

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!