Image Map

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

DIY yarn tassle

I have seen these super cute yarn tassels floating around Pinterest. I figured it cant be too hard, so I decided last weekend to get some supplies and make one. There are a few different ways Ive seen these done & also people have used tissue paper too. But here is the way I did mine-



  1. Gather supplies- yarn, scissors and twine (or something to hang)
  2. Wrap yarn around around book or cardboard(cut to size)- I did about 30 wraps
  3.  Cut smaller piece of yarn wrap under yarn
  4. Tie into knot
  5. Cut yarn
  6. You will now have a tassel
  7. Fold top part of tassel over
  8. Tie with another piece of yarn into a tighter knot (I think I did 3 or 4 ties just to make sure its secure)
  9. Thread twine or whatever you want to hang w. and voila! done...
I did 9 tassels with 2 colors but you can do multiple colors. I will be doing another one for Breannas bedroom! This was super easy and it only took me an hour to do



3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!