Image Map

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Yummy Comfort Food..

One thing I love about fall beside the cooler temps and changing colors...is the food!! NOM! Every fall food is just amazing!!! Last weekend when we were grocery shopping I picked up some pesto. I was planning on making some pasta dish but went another route. Yesterday fall temps returned here in Pittsburgh & it was PERFECT! So what better than to make some comfort food? So, I went in search of on All Recipe  and found a yummy grilled cheese recipe. I love grilled cheese but when you can make it different, count me in! And add some Tomato Soup and I am in heaven!

This recipe called for Provolone cheese & American cheese, but I used American and Mild Cheddar for mine & American and Mozzarella for Brads. And its super simple to make- just like a normal one.

Ingredients-
Bread
Cheese (of your choice)
Butter
Tomato
Pesto

  1. Spread one side of a slice of bread with butter, and place it, buttered side down, into a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
  2. Spread the top of the bread slice in the skillet with half the pesto sauce, and place a slice of provolone cheese, the tomato slices, and the slice of American cheese onto the pesto.
  3. Spread remaining pesto sauce on one side of the second slice of bread, and place the bread slice, pesto side down, onto the sandwich. Butter the top side of the sandwich.
  4. Gently fry the sandwich, flipping once, until both sides of the bread are golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 5 minutes per side.
Voila-


(sorry for the crappy cell phone picture)







2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh YUM. Please come deliver one of those to my office right now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMMMMY!! I now know what I'm making for lunch today! Comfort food is just the best, especially with Fall finally teasing us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!