Every year our zoo has a Halloween event so when my aunt said she had free passes I jumped at the chance to go!! Everyone told me to make sure we are there right when it opens because it can be really busy! Yesterday it was chilly so we were up and out the door by 9:30. We bundled up and headed out to meet my mom, aunt, brother, sister-in-law and my nephews.
I mentioned previously that I was making Breannas costume this year. I am so excited how it turned out!!! (sorry for the crappy quality, this was a cell pic)
It was pretty crowded but once we got up to the zoo, it wasn't so bad. They had tables around so the kids could trick or treat. It was nice but I would rather go when the weather is warmer. We made it to the aquarium and then it was meltdown city, so we decided to head home after that. The only thing we didn't get to go to was the kids kingdom but we can do that when we go in the summer. Thankfully it wasn't too windy so the temps actually weren't too bad. We were in the car for about 5 minutes and she was out like a light!! If you ask Breanna her favorite part of the day....she says "Polar Bear...he was itching his back" (he was rolling around in the rocks while we were at that exhibit)
So, I would say our "unofficial" trick-or treating was a success.




THANK YOU! Haha, I think it's totally okay not to take kids trick-or-treating until they're older. We have parents bring their kids to our house that can't even WALK YET. I hate giving them candy haha. Guess I'm just the grouchy neighbor ;)
ReplyDeleteThe zoo sounds way more fun anyway and I LOVE B's costume!
We went to Boo at the Zoo in Columbus :) Still debating on taking X trick or treating on Thursday....maybe just a few houses and then back to pass out candy?! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie!!! You're not a bad mommy; she wont even remember that she didn't go!
ReplyDeletePS I love the new design!!!!
She looked so cute!!!
ReplyDeleteWe did Zoo Boo a few years ago, and it was so crowded that we haven't gone back!
We took Aubrey to the zoo last year and were doing it again this year! Looks like you guys had a blast !
ReplyDeleteCute costume & great family photo! We hope to be zoo members again next year & want to check this out, sounds fun!!
ReplyDelete