We did 2 weeks of sitting on the potty every 20-30 minutes. And lots of rewards when she did go. I used a few apps on my phone to remind me and do virtual sticker chart and receiving a phone call. Potty Time was the one that has the phone call & virtual sticker chart...and Potty Baby I used for the timer and to keep track
Then we did week & half of bare bottom and her trying to know when to actually know to go. This we had a few accidents but I think this was the best way to get her to know that feeling. A lot of people actually had suggested this but the first time I tried she peed on the couch....so I had to make sure we had a few potty trips before we started this. We are now in fancy pants (as Breanna calls them) and she lets us know when she has to go. We still kind of struggle on car rides so if we are going anywhere longer than 20 minutes we will do a pull-up just to be safe.
I am so so proud of my girl, she isn't even 2 1/2 yet and she did this all on her own!! While I am excited I am kind of sad because she is no longer a baby and she is such a big girl!!! So if I can offer any advice to mommies in this journey...as a friend told me let them take the lead and it will happen! Don't stress it will just make it hard for the both of you.
Yay Breanna, it's so exciting when they are potty trained!
ReplyDeleteIt's funny, ever since Brielle has been potty trained she's done great at night time and has been night trained forever....but she like to have random pee accidents out in public! lol. She'll go weeks without an accident and then like last week just suddenly pee in Dairy Queen or something...little stinker ;-)
Go Bre!
ReplyDelete