Image Map

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

people disgust me...

I am not normally one to chime in on Facebook posts on pages but after the comments I have seen on the Pittsburgh Zoo page about the horrible tragedy and then a post I came across  today the comments on both pages really pissed me off and upset me. I realize how disgusting, cruel and rude people in this world truly are!  

Gerber had a photo search and they announced the winner on their FB page and people are writing hateful comments saying oh how ugly the child is (mind you there are positive comments as well) and this child shouldn't have won.. I understand we all want our child to win things like this but c`mon. I get we all have our own opinions but to sit behind your computer and bash an innocent child just flat out disgusts me! 

Seriously its no wonder kids are the way they are today and why kids get bullied...these 2 post comments are prime examples! These kind of parents ADULTS....who are supposed to be role models for children that will sit behind their computers and bash on people they dont even know! I am so sick to my stomach over all this...sometimes social media can truly SUCK!
 

I just want to lock up Breanna in our house and not let her out into this cruel world! I am so scared for my daughter w. all the cruel, hateful and crude people there are in this world


 

7 comments:

  1. The best thing you can do is "bully proof" her - teach her the difference between feelings and action, teach her how to compassionate towards others and how to be happy for others, teach her that beauty is inside as well as outside and even if she isn't a model or a movie star she possess both in her own unique way. Teach her she is always, ALWAYS loved by her family.

    You are doing it all right, unfortunately there are people in this world who are not, and all we can do is raise OUR kids to be good people and hope they rub off on others when they get older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you mama! People really are mean and need to know that there words hurt. People really do need to step back and put themself in others shoes, how would they feel if that was their child people were being mean to.
    Everyone needs to grow up and act like an adult!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you girl! And I'd be lying if I said I never felt the same way about wishing I could lock all 3 of my little ones up and keep them at home with me for the rest of their lives - away from the cruel world out there!
    I work VERY hard with mine, teaching them right from wrong, and truly understanding what happens when you're not nice and how it affects other. Cause I'll be DAMNED if any of them grow up and bully others in any way shape or form!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, I saw this on Facebook too and couldn't believe it! It's sad that the internet has led people to say hateful things to others that they would never dream of saying to someone's face. I bet most of those people would never walk up to that mother and call her baby names directly, and yet suddenly it's ok to do online. Sickening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree Cari. A local mom put up a whole page dedicated to making fun of a mentally ill lady in the neighborhood who has a home but is always seen out walking. I joined just to get on there and say how wrong it was to do this and how can we yet teach our kids not to bully! I was bullied as a child and am teaching my kids to always be kind and respectful of our differences!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean mama. Some comments that I read are seriously awful. It's unbelievable how people try to spread the hate.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little corner of the internet! I love hearing from you!